In this conference call, senior reporter Akshat Rathi and science and health editor Katie Palmer discussed the record-breaking heatwaves that occurred around the world in July 2019. Among other things, they discussed:
- What are the wide-ranging impacts of extreme heat?
- In cities hit by extreme heat, how might we mitigate the threat to public health?
- How do scientists attribute specific extreme weather events to human-induced climate change?
- What does a continuation of these global warming trends mean for future emissions?
- How do we create cool environments without increasing overall energy use and emissions?
For Android Mobile users Ilwareed Online has an App available on Google Play Store, with this App you can get the latest News and Political Analysis every minute.
Download Ilwareed Now.
Follow us on Twitter #ilwareed and Facebook #ilwareedonline